Ethics & 2020 Ordination Renewal
- The 2015 cycle will conclude when ordination cards expire 12/31/2020.
- Healthy Boundaries training will take place in September 2019, dates available in March.
- May 2018 Letter: Ministry Commission reminds ministers that CEUs are required for renewal.
- Outline of the renewal cycle:
Ethics & 2015 Ordination Renewal
- Online Registration for Ministerial Ethics Training: Healthy Boundaries
- The 2015 Ordination Renewal process will begin in 2014 with three classes (AZ / N.CA / S.CA) “Healthy Boundaries: Ministerial Ethics Training.” All ordained and licensed ministers are required to attend. Members of the Ministry Commission, NACC, and the Ministerial Ethics Committee are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Northern and Central California
- Saturday, October 18 — 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Empire Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link
- Southern California
- Monday, October 20 — 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., University of La Verne, Google Map Link
- Tuesday, October 21 — 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Papago Buttes Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link
- Retired Ministers: Exemption Form mailed 7/16/2014 PDF Copy
- Forms for churches and ministers due March 31, 2015
Ministerial Ethics Requirements
- During each 5 year cycle, all ordained and licensed ministers are required to attend a “Healthy Boundaries: Ministerial Ethics Training.” Retired ministers must attend if you have any active ministerial leadership roles, like preaching, blogging, teaching, or acting in a pastoral role. For reference, see the Ministerial Leadership Manual papers. Your attendance will be noted in your personal file and recorded as part of the 5 year ordination review.
- Ordination Transfer and Ordination Recognition require attendance at a “Ministerial Ethics Seminar.”
- Licensed Ministers must attend a “Ministerial Ethics Seminar” before any employment as a minister.
Fulfilling the Requirement
- District Sponsored Training Events: Sometime during each 5 year cycle, there will be one or more “Ministerial Ethics Seminars” in our district.
- National Office Sponsored Training Event: Our national Office of Ministry sponsors “Ministerial Ethics Seminars” in districts across the country. You can attend an event in another district. Call the Ministry Office at 847-429-4382 for locations.
- If you need help finding a seminar for an Ordination Transfer or Ordination Recognition, contact the district office, 909-406-5368.