What you always wanted to know about the Brethren.
This class is available for all ministers, licensed and ordained who want to learn about the Church of the Brethren or be reminded about who we are yesterday and today. This class fulfills the Ministry Commission requirements for "Church of the Brethren Polity, Practice and Belief" training that needs to be completed before ordination. Local church ministers, church board chairs, and moderators from non-Brethren settings are also asked to attend. For ordained ministers this will give 0.6 CEU credits in area 3. Pastoral Leadership or area 8. General Enrichment.
We have ordered 20 sets of books. When we receive your registration, we will mail you a set of books so you can become familiar with the subject before our class.
- Brethren Love Feast (pamphlet) $0.85
- The Meaning of Baptism (pamphlet) $0.85
- Church of the Brethren: Yesterday and Today by Donald Durnbaugh $14.95
- Brethren Society by Carl F. Bowman $22.50
- Portrait of a People by Carl F. Bowman $15.95
- For All Who Minister (not provided) All of our ministers should have a copy to bring with them to the class.
- Prayers, scripture readings, and worship services for use by Church of the Brethren pastors and others who lead worship. Successor to the 1978 Pastor's Manual.
|Introductions and get acquainted
|The Brethren Beginnings
|The Brethren Development
|The Brethren Identity
|The Brethren Polity and Structure
We can arrange transportation if you follow these guidelines, book airline: arrivals at ONT at 8:30am or earlier departures from ONT at 5:30pm or later