Please wait while you are redirected...or Click Here if you do not want to wait.
- The 2015 cycle will conclude when ordination cards expire on 12/31/2020.
- The 2020 Ordination Renewal process will begin in 2019 with (AZ / N.CA / S.CA) “Healthy Boundaries: Ministerial Ethics Training.” All ordained and licensed ministers are required to attend. Members of the Ministry Commission, NACC, and the Ministerial Ethics Committee are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Forms for churches and ministers due July 15, 2020
Click HERE for Registration
- “Ethics for the Set-Apart Ministry” training will take place in September 2019, dates available in March.
- PDF Copy of 6/28/2019 letter to ministers (click here)
- (English) Saturday, September 14, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the LaVerne Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link
- (Spanish) Saturday, September 14, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the LaVerne Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link
- (English) Monday, September 16, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Modesto Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link
- (English) Thursday, November 7, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Papago Buttes Church of the Brethren, Google Map Link (The day prior to District Conference beginning, lodging will be available at your expense the night before at Franciscan Renewal Center. When you register for District Conference housing, pick “Wednesday night” and/or “Thursday night”)
- Outline of the renewal cycle:
- During each 5 year cycle, all ordained and licensed ministers are required to attend a “Healthy Boundaries: Ministerial Ethics Training.” Retired ministers must attend if you have any active ministerial leadership roles, like preaching, blogging, teaching, or acting in a pastoral role. For reference, see the Ministerial Leadership Manual papers. Your attendance will be noted in your personal file and recorded as part of the 5-year ordination review.
- Ordination Transfer and Ordination Recognition require attendance at a “Ministerial Ethics Seminar.”
- Licensed Ministers must attend a “Ministerial Ethics Seminar” before any employment as a minister.
- District Sponsored Training Events: Sometime during each 5-year cycle, there will be one or more “Ministerial Ethics Seminars” in our district.
- National Office Sponsored Training Event: Our national Office of Ministry sponsors “Ministerial Ethics Seminars” in districts across the country. You can attend an event in another district. Call the Ministry Office at 847-429-4382 for locations.
- If you need help finding a seminar for an Ordination Transfer or Ordination Recognition, contact the district office, 909-406-5368.