Stewards Commission, District Board of Administration
November 12, 2016 to November 11, 2017
- Chair chosen by Policy Board, Members chosen by Executive Board
- Ex-Officio members
The home churches of persons listed above, are in brackets, i.e. (Tucson)
From the District By-Laws, 2012 ed. (page 10) Article III. Section I. Commissions.
- Each commission selects from its elected members a vice chair and secretary;
- Maintains and reviews annually a list of specific responsibilities as outlined in the By-Laws or assigned by the Executive Board;
- Establishes job descriptions for positions accountable to the commission;
- Prepares an annual budget request and submits it to the Stewards Commission;
- Reports activities, needs and special opportunities to the Executive Board;
- Recommends for Executive Board approval persons and committees to perform specific responsibilities related to the commission; and
- Works cooperatively with the other commission, Task Groups and staff to promote the programs of the church.
From the District By-Laws, 2012 ed. (page 11) Article III. Section I.9. Stewards Commission.
- The Stewards Commission aids and challenges the churches and other District groups to be faithful stewards of God-given resources;
- Promotes programs of general stewardship education and enlistment;
- Encourages support for the general work of the board, commissions, and Task Groups and for specific projects;
- Supervises the financial interests of the district;
- Safeguards and utilizes the property, assets and equipment of the District; and
- Recommends the annual budget.