- Chair chosen by Policy Board, Members chosen by Executive Board
- Ex-Officio members
The home churches of persons listed above, are in brackets, i.e. (Glendale)
From the District By-Laws, 2018 ed. (page 10) Article III. Section I. Commissions.
- Each commission selects from its elected members a vice chair and secretary;
- Maintains and reviews annually a list of specific responsibilities as outlined in the By-Laws or assigned by the Executive Board;
- Establishes job descriptions for positions accountable to the commission;
- Prepares an annual budget request and submits it to the Stewards Commission;
- Reports activities, needs and special opportunities to the Executive Board;
- Recommends for Executive Board approval persons and committees to perform specific responsibilities related to the commission; and
- Works cooperatively with the other commission, Task Groups and staff to promote the programs of the church.
From the District By-Laws, 2018 ed. (pages 10-11) Article III. Section I.8. Ministry Commission.
- The Ministry Commission gives counsel and guidance to all ministerial matters in the District;
- Counsels and assists churches and individuals in extending and receiving calls to the ministry, becoming equipped and trained for ministry, and licensing and ordaining ministers;
- Annually reviews the status of licensed and ordained ministers and lay speakers in the District and makes recommendations to the Executive Board regarding any change in status;
- Seeks ways to strengthen the relationships and understanding between congregations and pastors;
- Encourages and assists pastors in their professional and personal growth.
- Along with the local congregation, the Ministry Commission in behalf of the Board, has the authority for licensing persons to the ministry and for overseeing their nurture in the process of preparing for ordination.
- The Ministry Commission reviews all applications for ordination to the ministry and makes recommendations to the Executive Board. The Commission shall proceed with ordination when the Executive Board and local congregation vote approval.