Back to the index
Explore, colleges near you may have similar offerings.
Some of these offerings will require you to “design your own” CEU process, others offer their own CEUs.
Classes in person and on line in all areas, examples that could enrich ministry:
- Hist 016 – History of the Middle East
- Hist 029a – African American History to 1865
- Musc 004 – Keyboard Skills
- Musc 030 – Music for Early Childhood Education
- Olad 3120 – Life Review
- Phil 003 – Ethics
- Phil 030 – Logic
- Phil 037 – Philosophy of Religion
- Acct 010 – Bookkeeping-accounting
- Astr 001 – Elementary Astronomy
- Chdv 017 – Teaching Children in a Diverse Society
Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center
Ministers seeking units for Continuing Education should contact SVMC and register to audit the course (one-third cost) for CEUs.
Ventures in Christian Discipleship
Some Ventures courses offer Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. CEUs for sessions are approved and granted by the Brethren Academy
for Ministerial Leadership, a ministry training partnership of Bethany Theological Seminary and the Church of the Brethren.
Fuller Theological Seminary
Their event calendar lists items like the “Payton Lectures“, “Echoes of Manzanar”, “The Frederick Buechner Writer’s Workshop”, (list is updated regularly): www.fuller.edu/events
(AZ) Grand Canyon University (single courses)
Whether you are a professional who wishes to learn more about a specific content area or a college student seeking transfer credits to complete your degree program, Grand Canyon University (GCU) offers a variety of college courses to help you meet your goals.
- (N-CA) Graduate Theological Union (calendar of events) Look through the calendar for lectures and workshops. (Community Education) Some GTU courses may be of interest to community patrons or non-matriculated students who wish to take the course for personal fulfillment.
- (S-CA) University of La Verne (calendar of events) Look through the many calendars for lectures and workshops. (extended learning) Extended Learning provides a wide array of courses, including non-degree and non-credit offerings; certainly something to fit everyone’s needs. (PDC) Professional Development Courses® are graduate level, non-degree credit courses and are provided to educators for salary advancement or re-certification.
- (San Francisco-Los Angeles-Phoenix) Gateway Seminary (calendar of events) Look through the calendar for lectures and workshops. (Audit) Audit courses for $100.
- (Central CA) Fresno Pacific University (website) Check out the life long learning opportunities. (Audit) Seminary courses can be audited for $103.
- (S-CA) Claremont School of Theology (calendar of events) Look through the calendar for lectures and workshops.
- (S-CA) Azusa Pacific University (calendar of events) Month by month there are many lectures and workshops. Many Free items with iTunes University.
Bible Colleges of every type
Bible Colleges come from a wide variety of denominations. There are probably several in your area. Read their website sections on their perspective, try “About”, “Faith Statement”, “Doctrinal Statement”, etc., to see if they are a possibility for you.
More expensive than the Community Colleges at the top of this page, these schools provide in depth classes on everything: History, Philosophy, Religion, Language, etc. For example, UCLA has more than 40 languages including Classical Greek.
Back to the index